- Written by Mary Fairio, Gender in PNG Program Research Fellow Mary Fairio, Gender in PNG Program Research Fellow
- Published: 25 April 2019 25 April 2019
The Prime Minister’s recent announcement regarding reserved seats in Parliament has brought about much public debate on the merits of temporary special measures (TSM). This blog explains why we need temporary special measures.
- Written by Cathy Keimelo, on behalf of the Gender in PNG Research Program Cathy Keimelo, on behalf of the Gender in PNG Research Program
- Published: 28 March 2019 28 March 2019
The 24th day of March 2019 is National Women’s Day. The Papua New Guinea National Research Institute under the Gender in PNG Research Program pays tribute to late Dr. Anne Dickson-Waiko who in her life time advocated for “balance for better”.
- Written by Mary Fairio Mary Fairio
- Published: 10 December 2018 10 December 2018
This year’s ‘State of the Pacific Conference’ (SOTP) focused on issues of: region-wide relevance including regional security and Pacific criminology; national politics and development; and issues concerning people and communities including young people and gender based violence.