2022 PNG NRI DIPLOMA IN ECONOMIC POLICY ANALYSIS
Date: 05 September 2022 to 28 October 2022
Time: Monday – Friday 8.00am to 12.00noon OR 1.00pm to 5.00pm
Venue: The National Research Institute, Waigani Campus, Waigani Drive, Port Moresby
The PNG NRI Diploma Certificate in Economic Policy Analysis has been conducted annually since 1989 as an intensive full-time course designed for individuals interested in improving their understanding of key government economic policy and other public policies that impact sustainable economic growth and development of Papua New Guinea (PNG).
The Economic Policy Analysis Course (EPAC) program is structured on the following topics:
• Papua New Guinean economy; • Foreign trade, direct investment, and aid policies;
• Macroeconomic and microeconomic policies; • Contemporary (topical) policy-oriented issues;
• Budgetary and Monetary policies; • Statistical and research methods;
• Infrastructure development issues; • Selected public policies; and
• Land and resource development issues; • Policy paper (or report) writing;
The EPAC program training team comprises PNG NRI Senior Research Fellows supplemented by experienced university academics and private sector professionals and guest speakers.
Who should attend?
• Policy advisers, consultants, and researchers;
• Bureaucrats, administrators, managers, directors; and
• Young professionals and graduates aspiring to proceed for further studies.
• Professionals, with a Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field. A Diploma qualification may be considered with extensive work experience in a public policy-related environment.
• The tuition fee is K8,000.00, payable in full by bank cheque or direct cash transfer only to the PNG National Research Institute, prior to enrolment on 06 September 2022. The Institute has limited accommodation on campus at additional cost for out-of-Port Moresby candidates. Contact the Institute for details.
How to Apply
• Applicants are required to submit a short letter expressing their interest in the course; a Curriculum Vitae, which include contact details of two reliable referees; and copies of academic qualifications and transcripts, which MUST be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths.
• Please include K50.00 non-refundable application processing fee payable by bank cheque or direct cash transfer only to the PNG National Research Institute’s bank account – Bank South Pacific, Boroko, National Research Institute, Account Number 1000490598 (EFTPOS facility is available at our office for your convenience).
Postal Mail: EPAC Coordinator, National Research Institute, P.O. Box 5854, BOROKO. NCD. 111, or
Hand delivery: PNG NRI Office at Waigani (opposite Nature Park), NCD.
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday, 22 July 2022.
Authorised by: Dr Osborne Sanida
Director, PNG NRI