Department of Lands and Physical Planning Acting Secretary Oswald Tolopa (left), Lands and Physical Planning Minister Justin Tkatchenko, Dr Charles Yala and Prof Eugene Ezebilo during the press conference held at the Manasupe Haus in Port Moresby last week.
The Minister for Lands and Physical Planning, Honourable Justin Tkatchenko held a press conference on 28 January 2019 to inform Papua New Guineans of the upcoming Regional Workshops and National Land Summit on CUSTOMARY LAND.
Key government agencies involved in this National Land Summit 2019 are the Department of Lands and Physical Planning, Department of National Planning and Monitoring, Department of Treasury, Department of Justice and Attorney General, Investment Promotion Authority, Magisterial Services, Constitutional and Law Reform Commission, Office of Civil Registry and PNG National Research Institute.
- The Regional Workshops will be in held in the four Regions of PNG as follows:
- Southern Region: Port Moresby, 21-22 February 2019.
- Momase Region: Madang, 7-8 March 2019.
- Islands Region: Kokopo, 14-15 March 2019.
- Highlands Region: Mt Hagen, 21-22 March 2019.
The National Land Summit will be held in Port Moresby on 1-3 May 2019.