About Social Science Research Methods
The Papua New Guinea National Research Institute (PNG NRI) Certificate in Social Science Research Methods (SSRM) is a one week intensive course. It has been developed for people who are interested in enriching their knowledge and understanding of research design, data collection and data analytical methods.
Date: 05 to 13 August 2021
Time: 8am to 5pm daily
Venue: The National Research Institute, Waigani Campus, Waigani Drive, Port Moresby
The SSRM course program consists of the following modules:
- Planning of social science research.
- Qualitative research methods in theory and in practice.
- Quantitative research methods in theory and in practice.
The SSRM course will be taught by PNG NRI researchers that have vast experience in both teaching and practicing research methods.
Who should attend?
- Policy analysts, consultants and researchers; or
- Administrators, managers and bureaucrats; or
- Graduates who have interest in research or aspiring to proceed for further studies.
Bachelors degree or Diploma or equivalent in any of the social science disciplines/subjects. However, individuals from other fields of study such as natural and physical sciences who have interest in social science research methods will be considered.
The tuition fee is K1,500.00, payable prior to enrolment on 05 August 2021.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit a brief Expression of Interest letter in the course; a Curriculum Vitae, which should include contact details of two referees; and certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts.
- Please, include K50.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
The Tuition Fee and the non-refundable application processing fee are payable by: (1) direct deposit into the Institute’s bank account (Account Name: National Research Institute, Bank: Bank South Pacific, Branch: Boroko, Account Number: 1000490598); or (2) bank cheque payable to the National Research Institute; or (3) EFTPOS facility, which is available at the PNG NRI oﬃce.
Application Submission Method
Dr Osborne Sanida
PNG NRI Acting Director