About Social Science Research Methods
The Papua New Guinea National Research Institute (PNG NRI) Advanced Certificate in Social Science Research Methods (SSRM) is three weeks intensive course. It has been developed for people who are interested in enriching their knowledge and understanding of research design, data collection, and data analytical methods.
Date: 20 April to 12 May 2023
Time: 8:00am to 4:00pm daily
Venue: Papua New Guinea National Research Institute
The SSRM course program consists of the following modules:
• Planning of social science research.
• Qualitative research methods in theory and in practice.
• Quantitative research methods in theory and in practice.
The SSRM course will be taught by PNG NRI researchers that have vast experience in both teaching and practicing research methods.
Who should attend?
• Policy analysts, consultants, and researchers; or
• Administrators, managers, and bureaucrats; or
• Graduates who have an interest in research or aspiring to proceed for further studies.
Bachelors degree or Diploma or equivalent in any of the social science disciplines/subjects. However, individuals from other fields of study such as natural and physical sciences who have an interest in social science research methods will be considered.
The tuition fee is K4,000.00, payable prior to enrolment on 20 April 2023.
How to Apply
• Applicants are required to submit a brief Expression of Interest letter in the course; a Curriculum Vitae, which should include contact details of two referees; and certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts on or before 31 March 2023.
• Please, include K50.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
The Tuition Fee and the non-refundable application processing fee are payable by: (1) direct deposit into the Institute’s bank account (Account Name: National Research Institute, Bank: Bank South Pacific, Branch: Boroko, Account Number: 1000490598); or (2) bank cheque payable to the National Research Institute; or (3) EFTPOS facility, which is available at the PNG NRI oﬃce.
Application Submission Method
Dr Osborne Sanida
PNG NRI Director